Learn Lisp The Hard Way Book
#lisp #book #digital #online #phoeron
This is an interesting book, for the topics it includes, and its way of teaching, Common Lisp programming.
It is freely available online and its creator is a Lisper from Toronto, Canada, “the Phoeron” Colin J.E. Lupton
As the book's introduction says:
"..this book is for you if:
- You know nothing about programming, but want to learn
- You tried to learn Lisp before, but other books made it seem too hard or not useful
- You are an experienced programmer considering a move to Lisp
- You are already a Lisper, but want to take your code to the next level, or
- You simply haven't seen what all the fuss is about when it comes to
Lisp---but you keep hearing how amazing Lisp is, so here you are reading
another book about it".
You can read the book here: https://llthw.common-lisp.dev/
Some interesting topics that this book seeks to teach are:
- Real-world Web Apps.
- Graphics rendering
- Financial Software and Crypto-Currencies
- Build your own Lisp Machine
Another great feature is that it includes many interesting exercises to play and practice.
Have fun and Happy Hacking! 🙂