Want to build a brand? Make one great product
#brand #branding #product #marketing #development
By Andy Dunn
A good article on focusing for build a awesome product and from that reputable a brand.
Some pearls I grab from this article:
- A lot of brands don’t make it, because in the process of trying to get many things right, they don’t get anything right. Why are they in such a hurry?
- Consumers think about items. Designers and merchants and founders think about one-stop shops. That kind of thinking may lead you to a no-stop shop.
- If you’re not careful, the mentality of you wanting them to buy everything from you could lead to them buying nothing from you.
- Make one thing great. Get one thing right. That earns you the right to go from product one to product two.
- It takes time. It can take focus on a single product for years to build a brand or a company, which makes the logic of launching with all kinds of products even more confounding.
- Even if you make two great items right out the gates, just by having two you make it harder for the customer to know what job to hire you for
Here is the full article, enjoy.
Photo by Sean Patrick Murphy on Unsplash